Disney Dole Whip
It's been really hot lately (California Dreaming was NOT written about the Inland Empire)! Recently the temperature clocked 105 degrees outside and my house was a nice and cool 89 degrees inside (I'm being sarcastic about the nice and cool part, it was a literal white-middle-class kind of hell). We had friends coming over for dinner and I had planned to make roasted peaches with cinnamon and nuts but turning on the oven wasn't an option. Sorry guys! Instead we had something else for dessert. Something lovely, smooth, cold, and creamy. Have you been to Disneyland? Have you tried Disney Dole Whip? Ok, here's a better question. Have you asked Dr. Google what Dole Whip actually is (or is that just little old nerdy me)? I falsely assumed it was actually fruit. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. So instead of waiting at the longest line in Adventure Land, try out this simple Disney Dole Whip. I promise your husband and kids will approve!
Other Fruity Ice Cream-Like Recipes:
- Peach Ice Cream
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
- Chocolate Chip Milk Shake
- Wendy’s Copycat Vegan Frosty
- 2 c frozen pineapple
- 1 c frozen banana
- ½ c unsweetened almond milk
- 3-4 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes, as an optional topping
- If happen to be old school and own the heaviest kitchen tool known to man, called a Champion Juicer, then you’ll totally want to use it. Alternatively, the Yonanas Machine will absolutely do the trick! If you have neither of these items then a good old blender will do the trick but you will for sure need to use some unsweetened almond milk.
- Make sure to freeze the banana and pineapple chunks at least 24 hours before planning on making the Dole Whip. Break bananas into 3-5 pieces and freeze until solid.
- In a high-powered blender add unsweetened almond milk, bananas, and pineapple.
- Blend on low or medium low.
- You will need to frequently stop the machine and use a spatula to scrape down the sides and stir the contents (it will be useful if your machine came with a tamper like a vitamix for easy mixing while the machine is running). Add more milk as needed (1 tablespoon at a time).
- The longer you blend the the fruit the faster your ice cream will start to melt so you want to be quick. You want it thick like soft serve ice cream and smooth with all the chunks being blended up.
- When the the Dole Whip is smooth scrape out the blender into your bowl(s).
- Eat immediately, or place in the freezer for up to 20 minutes to chill.
- Sprinkle with unsweetened coconut flakes and serve!