Mushroom Cashew Lettuce Wraps
Whenever I invite people over for dinner I either make what I'm currently craving or I have a simple 3-step method that I use. 1. Look inside the fridge. 2. What do I have? 3. What can I turn this into? For dinner the other night I looked into the fridge and saw butter lettuce, leftover tahini mayo (recipe below), and a TON of mushrooms that needed to be used, like, TAaaaH-DAY! I thought about making mushroom lettuce wraps and went to google just that. I saw a Mushroom Cashew Lettuce Wrap recipe that sounded intriguing to me and I took it from there! The recipe itself used a lot of random ingredients that I don't usually use on this website (or buy). So I improvised to make an oil-free version using the ingredients I currently had in the house. The perfect starter for your mushroom-loving friends.
Recipe Adapted From: www.cleaneatingmag.com
Another mushroom recipe which also talks about the health benefits of mushrooms:
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 24 oz of mushrooms
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- 3-4 medium carrots
- 1/3 c cashews
- 1/3 c tahini mayo
- 2-3 tbsp sriracha sauce
- Mince garlic, set aside.
- Wash mushrooms, slice (with a knife or a food processor), and water-saute’ using about a 1/2 cup of water, add garlic.
- When mushrooms are soft and water has been absorbed, set aside to cool.
- Make a 1/2 batch of tahini mayo. Add the optional smoked paprika when making the sauce.
- Wash butter lettuce, shake off the water, set aside.
- Wash, peel, and grate carrots (with a cheese grater or food processor). Mix with the sautéed mushrooms.
- Scoop about 3-4 tablespoons of the mushroom-carrot mixture onto each lettuce leaf (about 8-16 leaves depending on the size of your lettuce). Drizzle 1-2 teaspoons of tahini mayo over the top. Add a drizzle of sriracha sauce if you like it spicy and top with about 4-5 cashew halves.
- Serve and enjoy .