Crunchy Vegan Yogurt Fruit Salad
GET YO CRUNCH ON! Do you like crunchy creamy sweet things? I do. And I sure love eating this salad! The sauce is date paste mixed with unsweetened coconut yogurt, which is something I don't typically buy, but since I'm currently trying out different fermented foods I thought I'd give it a chance. It's pretty expensive and I wouldn't recommend it all too often but it is pretty delicious in this fruit salad. I also think the plain coconut yogurt is really good dolloped on top of a burrito bowl. Bottom line, if you do buy it you can come up with lots of ways to eat it up (baked potatoes, burritos, creamy soups, etc.). The alternative would be to just use the Tofu Cream from my Vegan Apple Salad recipe (link below). 😉
Other similar recipes: Vegan Apple Salad and Hot Fruit Soup and since we were talking about a tangy creamy topping for burritos and potatoes (as an alternative to sour cream) you could this Tangy Tofu Dressing recipe.
- Wash strawberries, remove green leaves, and slice into small manageable pieces.
- Peel banana and dice into bite-sized pieces.
- Wash and grate fresh ginger (or use a carrot peeler to shave off enough flecks).
- Mix the coconut yogurt and date past together until combine. Add fruit and stir.
- Add slivered almonds, ginger, toasted coconut flakes, and hemps seeds (if using).
- Stir to combine and serve.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.