Cashew Cream of Tomato Soup
I got sick. Again. Jason or I get sick also after every single time we fly and we fly a lot. Two weeks ago we were in Utah. Guess what? Jason came down with something. Guess what? 6 days later I came down with something. This has GOT to stop! We've talked about it and I think we are going to start really honing in on a healthy immunity boosting diet. ESPECIALLY when we are traveling. First things first. Let's start with this super garlicky tomato soup with zero added sugar or oil and plenty of flavor. Less than 5 minutes to make… because when you’re sick, 5 minutes can feel like an eternity... ZZZZZzzzz...
Other creamy soup recipes: Cashew Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 1/4 c cashews
- 2 1/2 c water
- 1 1/2 c cherry tomatoes, washed
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetarian chicken-like seasoning
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp creole seasoning (or salt)
- 4 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp italian spice
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender. Blend until smooth (If using a Vitamix blender, keep blending until the soup is hot and serve).
- Pour soup into a sauce pan and heat the soup over high heat until soup is hot, stirring constantly.
- Garnish with alfalfa sprouts or cashew parmesan.
- Serve hot with a side of whole wheat cheeze breadsticks, avocado toast, or “grilled cheeze sandwiches” (I’ve just discovered the Miyokos Kitchen nut cheeses and I’m pretty excited about them because the ingredients are basically nut butters and cultures to ferment them. This means that instead of saturate fat and cholesterol in your cheese sandwich you’re eating healthy fermented food for gut health. Win. Next I’m going to start making my own)!”