Avocado Cabbage Salad
Oh avocado how I love you! You are nutritious and delicious, high in fiber and full of flavor. You're fantastic in salads and chips, or sandwiches and dips, inside burritos or tacos or enchiladas with nachos, and apparently you also work as an ingredient in chocolate avocado frosting (recipe below)!!! Avocado, is there nothing you can't do? Can you also be a chunky cabbage salad dressing too? Avocado is the perfect salad dressing because instead of adding a bunch of sugar and fat onto your healthy salad you'll be adding fiber to your fiber so that you can crap like a champ!
Another Coleslaw Recipe: Carrot Zucchini Slaw
- 6-8 c cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 small avocados, ripe
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp creole spice (or 1/2 tsp salt)
- Wash and thinly slice cabbage.
- Peel and mince garlic.
- In a large bowl combine lemon juice, avocado, garlic, and creole spice (or salt). Mash until you’ve made guacamole.
- Add 4 cups of cabbage to the bowl and work the cabbage into the guacamole until it’s completely coated with avocado. Add more cabbage 1 cup at a time. Depending on the size of your avocados you might only have enough avocado dressing for 6 cups of cabbage.
- Taste and add more creole or salt if needed.
- Serve immediately.