Tammy's Spicy Tahini Mayo
I'm not sure why I'd never thought to make a tahini dressing using apple cider vinegar instead of lemon or lime juice. I mean, I've tried before but it was just because I didn't have any citrus! Since I didn't think that I would actually like it, I didn't try to like it! When my sister was visiting she threw together a quick salad dressing doing just that! I didn't think I would like it but I was so wrong! It was absolutely fantastic and I wanted to spoon my carrots, potatoes, and beans into it and drink it up! After the second time she eyeballed the recipe I had her write it down. She scaled it for a larger group and wrote measured everything out. We used it as a dip for our oven roasted russet and sweet potato fries (recipe coming soon) and over salads and inside our burger sandwiches. It is yummy! My sister is the BEST! Come get some!
Recipe Source: My sister Tammy!
Recipe also similar to:
- 1 c tahini
- 1/2 c apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 c water
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Use as a dipping sauce for croquettes or raw veggies, roasted potato skins, pour over salads or baked potatoes, spread on a sandwich as mayo, or use as a sauce for cooked vegetables, etc.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.