Mustard Tahini Kale Salad Bowl
Sometimes I just want mustard. I don't know, that salty vinegar flavor makes me super happy. I mix it with tahini and green olives (you know, for more vinegar and sodium) and dump it over beans, greens, potatoes, and anything else in my fridge. Remember it is all about that sauce!!!
Recipe adopted from:
- 4-5 c kale
- 1 c beans
- 1 small carrot
- 1 c cucumbers
- 1 potato
Mustard Tahini Dressing
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 3 large green olives
- 1/8 tsp salt or to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Potatoes: Scrub, peal (or don’t peel depending on your preference), and pierce a few times with a metal fork.
- Microwave potato for 6-8 minutes. Check after 6 min.
- Set aside to cool. Once cool enough to handle slice into bite size pieces.
- Wash and chop carrot, cucumber, and kale (buying it pre washed saves a lot of time). Put into a large bowl.
- Drain beans (if using canned) and add to vegetables.
- Slice olives into small pieces and set aside.
- In a small bowl stir tahini, water, mustard, salt and/or red crushed pepper flakes (if using) together in a bowl with a spatula until smooth. Add diced olive pieces.
- Mix tahini sauce into the large bowl with carrots, kale, and beans. Stir until all the kale is coated with dressing (the easiest way is to use your hands—after thoroughly washing them first).
- Add potatoes, give it a mix, and serve cold or at room temperature.