Vegan Cashew Caesar Dressing
I was googling recipes for thanksgiving this year and I ran across a caesar salad recipe by Angela Liddon over at Ohsheglows.com. The salad looked so good that I marked it down as a must for thanksgiving dinner. I'm hosting this year, and my brother always LOVES to order caesar salads. I've never been a real fan of caesar myself, you know, because of the whole anchovy thing... 😦 Today I decided to test run the recipe. As always I didn't have all the ingredients, not even close, so I played around with it and came up with a delightful sauce that I poured over two Baked Butter Gold potatoes (what a name). Dang, girl, DANG. Check out the recipe and enjoy a healthy treat! I want to eat lunch all over again.
- 1/2 c cashews (raw, roasted, etc.)
- 1/2 c water (plus 2 tbsp if you want it thinner)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 small green olives (with pimentos)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dill (optional)
- Add all ingredients (except dill, if using) to a high-powered blender, and blend for 1-2 minutes until creamy and smooth. Add dill (optional).
- Pour over salads or baked potatoes, spread on a sandwich, use as a dip for raw vegetables or a sauce for cooked veggies, etc.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.