Coconut Milk Ice Cream
No addictive sugar or animal products involved in the process of making this sweet sweet temptation. Soak cashews for a few hours (or if you are like me and you don't, cause your lazy, the texture just won't be as smooth... but it is still yummy). Blend everything. Pour into ice cream maker... Let it churn baby churn! This ice cream is AMAZE-balls delicious!
Ice cream recipe adapted from: minimalist baker
Ice Cream Ingredients
- ¼ c cashews, raw
- 1 c unsweetened soymilk
- 5 medjool dates , pitted
- 1 c coconut milk (full fat)
- pinch of salt
- Freeze ice cream canister at least 24 hours prior to making this recipe.
- Soak cashews for at least 4 hours (or over night). TIP: Soak 2 cups of cashews at a time and store in the freezer for quick use in the future. (make sure to discard water after cashews have finished soaking).
- Using blender, blend cashews and soy milk until it forms a smooth cashew cream.
- Add dates, coconut milk, and salt to the cashew cream and blend until smooth.
- Turn on ice cream maker so that the bowl is spinning. Slowly pour in blender contents.
- It should take 30-45 minutes to freeze. Keep an eye on the ice cream as it might need some extra stirring.
- Eat ice cream immediately or store in freezer.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker: freeze cashew cream in ice cube trays over night and then blend cubes with extra soy or coconut milk until smooth. Do not over blend as it will begin to melt quickly.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
These gorgeous chocolate chip cookie bars are inspired from the website runningwithspoons.com and my handsome sugar-crazed husband said they were some of the best cookies yet. Sweetened with dates and maple syrup, these babies add nutrition where most cookies lack. I've altered her recipe in a few places so I've written down my own version here. We ate them up so fast! I cut a few in half and turned them into ice cream sandwiches! Best idea EVER! Making cookie bars over rolling out cookies is really a genius idea. I can't believe I've never thought to do it before. I simply HATE scooping cookie dough onto cookie sheets. Bake. Eat. Live. Enjoy!
Cookie recipe slightly adapted from: runningwithspoons.com
Cookie Bar Ingredients
- 3/4 c Medjool dates, pitted (about 8 large dates)
- 1 1/2 c oats, ground into a flour
- 3/4 c white whole wheat
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 c dairy-free chocolate chips (sunspire)
- 1/3 c walnuts, chopped
- Remove pits and stems from dates. Cover dates with water and soak for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Lightly grease an 8×8 baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Using a blender, food processor, or coffee grinder, blend oats into oat flour.
- Mix oat flour, white whole wheat flour, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Discard water from the soaking dates and place dates in a blender or food processor with almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts and mix to incorporate.
- Spread cooking dough into baking pan until it covers the bottom.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and consume cookie bars with milk or coconut milk ice cream!
- To preserve freshness, store in freezer.
…and if you’re really crazy. make ice cream sandwiches. why not? why ever not?