Whole Wheat Cheeze Breadsticks
Crispy, salty, and perfect when that breadstick craving hits!
Recipe adapted from: brooklynfarmgirl.com
- 1 c water
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling on top
- ¾ tsp salt, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 1 tsp garlic powder,
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp rosemary, dried
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 2 c flour, white whole wheat
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp cashew parmesan (from the Minimalist Baker)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Stir liquid ingredients and spices together.
- Add half flour, baking powder, and stir. Slowly add the rest of the flour and cashew parmesan.
- Mix ingredients together until it forms a dough (if too sticky add a bit of flour).
- Roll dough out into a 1 inch thick rectangle. Cut into strips, rub with olive oil, and dust with salt, garlic powder, and cashew parmesan.
- Bake for 15 minutes on a pizza stone or cookie sheet.
- Separate slices and bake for another 5-8 minutes.
- Enjoy with marina dipping sauce (recipe below).