Jason's Triple Berry Oat Bowl
This is Jason's favorite breakfast to eat on a daily basis. It is fast, easy, and very yummy. This recipe tastes great immediately (like cereal and milk) or after sitting a few hours in the fridge. I teach this recipe to my clients and patients and it is always a big hit. The beauty is you can make a big portion of it ahead of time so that you have breakfast ready to go for the week! TRAVEL TIP: When I travel I always always always throw some rolled oats, flax meal and raisins or dates into my suitcase! Then when I get to where I'll buy some bananas, berries (fresh or frozen), peaches or whatever is convenient. Then I use the coffee pot to make hot water for oatmeal or I grab some unsweetened almond or soymilk at a store. I like to call ahead to see if the hotel has a mini fridge, but if it doesn't then I just won't get milk or perishable fruit! I don't always use the oats and dried fruit but if I want to save money or need a quick healthy meal then I'm always ready.
Recipe adapted from: years of trying things.
- 1 ½ c rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia or flax seeds
- 1 ½ c almond milk, unsweetened
- ¼ c raisins
- 1 ½ c triple berry, frozen, thawed
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 banana (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Eat immediately or chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Eat cold or hot.
- Can be divided into smaller containers for breakfast on the go.
- Store for up to one week in airtight containers.
- Make at least 4 or more at a time so that you won’t ever have to think about breakfast again.