Pancakes with Berry Ice Cream
Some days are comfort food days. To reward yourself for saying NO all day... Why not enjoy pancakes, ice cream, and chocolate chips for dinner? 😍😜😘 🎉
Recipe adopted from: 7 secrets cookbook
- 2 c white whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Blend all ingredients together using a wire whip.
- If batter becomes too thick add water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Heat nonstick pan over low heat.
- When pan is hot pour ¼ cup of batter.
- If using a nonstick pan you shouldn’t need to use oil.
- “Fry” until golden brown on each side.
- Top pancakes with peanut butter and ice cream (recipe below), chocolate chips and cocoa nibs, or whatever else you like.
Berry Ice Cream
Mmmm mmm mmm Ice Cream
Recipe adopted from: minimalistbaker.com
- ¼ c cashews, raw
- 1 c unsweetened soymilk
- 5 medjool dates , pitted
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 c coconut milk (full fat)
- ½ c mixed berries, frozen
- 4 tbsp chocolate chips, vegan
- 4 tbsp cocoa nibs
- Soak cashews for 1-4 hours (or overnight). If you omit this step the texture will be a bit grainy. (Suggestion: soak several cups at a time, drain, and then store in ¼ cup portions in the freezer).
- Blend everything (except chocolate chips and cocoa nibs) including the frozen berries.
- Pour into ice cream maker or ice cube trays.
- If you freeze liquid in ice cube trays then wait several hours until chilled. Once frozen you can use a food processor or vitamix to blend with some additional soy or coconut milk.